Thursday, March 1, 2012

Who Would Have Thought....

I'm one of those people who has ALWAYS hated math. Mostly because it just doesn't make sense to me. My poor Dad use to have to sit with me for hours just so I wouldn't have a complete break down trying to figure out Calculus. Well things are changing...2nd grade math is FUN! I look forward to it daily because I love being able to help these kids NOT hate math.

We just started our measurement unit and yesterday was our experiment day! They had a blast. It was like a free for all in my room, but being the amazing kids that they are they cleaned up every piece and wiped up every spill. Makes me sure want to give them experiment time more often. Love these kids!

Inchworms...used to measure the length of the classroom.
Cups, Pints, Quarts, Half Gallons, and Gallons...they got to pour different amounts of water into the different containers to see how much it would take.
Scales and Balances...they used EVERYTHING in the room to try to balance and weigh.
(Rocky the Raccoon even helped out!)

I had been having a really bad day and somehow this hour made it all okay again. I can't believe that after all of these years I FINALLY love math!

1 comment:

  1. I wish my second grade teacher made math that fun! Wish it was that fun all the way to college algebra .

    ReplyDelete