Monday, February 27, 2012

Prayer


I feel like this has been me lately...

I'm not a perfect prayer. I don't always get on my knees. I don't always know exactly what I should say, but I do know that prayer is real. It's something that has gotten me through some very happy times and some of the worst times. Lately I feel like I NEED to pray. Like there is this constant prayer in my heart. It's for my family, for myself, for the people I care most about and for people I barely know....but I pray. I think I've been so focused on the praying aspect that I was forgetting to listen with an open heart and mind. I have felt so much peace as I've opened up my heart to hear my Heavenly Father's answers for me. I'm being blessed daily and I am so grateful. I'm lucky to have a Heavenly Father who loves me even when I'm not a perfect child. He recognizes that I'm doing my best and am always trying.



Doctrine and Covenants 103:36

All victory and glory is brought to pass unto you through your diligence, faithfulness, and prayers of faith.

1 comment:

  1. Amen to all of that (pun intended). Really though, I've felt that same way lately and you put it into words for me.

    ReplyDelete