Saturday, May 7, 2016

Mama

Since I was little I can only think of 2 things that I've ever truly wanted...
1. To be a teacher
2. To be a mom

I've been a teacher now for 11 years. Pretty amazing when I stop and think about it. I actually ran into two of my favorite students from my first year of teaching tonight. I can't believe they are grown ups and doing wonderful things. I've been blessed to know and love so many amazing children and their families.

Being single for so many years was hard sometimes. I had many wonderful adventures, but in the back of my head I always wanted to be a mama. I loved my nieces and nephews like they were my own and am so grateful for the love that they gave back. At the end of the day though, I still wanted to be a mom to my own baby.  After marrying Mark I knew that someday that dream would come true. Last Mother's Day we had been trying, but with no success. I remember Camden telling me that someday I'll be a mom, and that I was his out of town mom. Melt my heart, sweet boy! Little did I know that a few weeks later we would find out that I indeed would be a mom very soon. 

I became a Mom on January 16, 2016. Sweet Brooklyn is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. There are times when I look at her and can't believe she is mine. I get teary eyed as I hold her tight or watch her play. I'm proud as she learns new tricks and grows healthy and strong. I proudly show her off to anyone and everyone. I post more pictures than most probably care to see. I love my baby. I'm so grateful that Heavenly Father has trusted me with this sweet baby. It amazes me every day that I was able to carry her for 9 months and now take care of all her needs. I'm the helicopter parent already that worries over every burp, poop, and cry, but I can't help it because I just love her so much. Being a Mom has changed me. I think about the future and the important things in life on a daily basis. I try to be better in every way so that my daughter has someone she can turn to and look up to as she grows up. I always wanted to be a mama, but I never knew how much I needed to be a mama. She is my whole world and I'm so unbelievably grateful to call her mine. I don't just love being a mama, I love being HER mama. 
I look forward to more and more Mother's Days and time spent loving my baby girl. Thank you B for making my dreams come true and being the best baby girl and my best friend. 

Love you


No comments:

Post a Comment