Monday, October 22, 2012

I'm 25....I mean I'm 29!

While in North Carolina I had a birthday....yeah those still happen. I like to tell people I'm 25, but really I'm in my late twenties...aka 29! UGH!

I'm not a birthday person at all. I actually try to leave the country/state so that there is very little fuss made over my birthday. Of course since I was visiting my brother they made sure to fuss over me. I will say that when you are being fussed over by a 3 year old and a 6 year old it is pretty fun.

Kyle made me crepes to start the morning out right!
He also mentioned that this birthday was about eating as many calories as possible..it happened!
 Kyle then took me to the UNC basketball museum. I loved it! Although I'm a DUKE fan I do love UNC and their basketball program. Most people don't get that, but when you love basketball like I do you learn to appreciate all of basketball.
 This is the actual center court from when they won in 2005
 Kyle gave me the grand tour of campus. It is very pretty. I love all the brick. This is the bell tower. He also showed me where he has class. I loved getting to see the campus and just spending some quiet time chatting with my favorite brother.
 Lunch at Sutton's! This made me really happy! Sutton's is on Franklin St. right across from campus. It's an old drug store that has a grill. The players eat there too (not that day though). Of course I got an amazing burger, fries, and milkshake!
 Jayden showed me the Well. There is some good luck behind it. I think you are suppose to kiss it before the school year to bring you good luck. Jayden was told by Kyle that people pee on it so he was very nervous about me getting even close to it for a picture.
 Showing off my UNC pride.
Jordan asked Jayden what kind of cake they should make for me. Jayden decided that the horse cake would for sure be what I would want. I will eat any cake this cute kid makes for me!
 My mom always makes me tortellini for my birthday. 
Jordan was nice enough to do the same! Super yummy!
 How cute are those cakes? They had a blast decorating and I'm pretty sure they went through a couple bottles of sprinkles too.
 Love these two!
Thanks UNC Hoppes family for spoiling me on my birthday!

Maybe 29 won't be so bad....maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment