Sunday, April 15, 2012

I HIGHLY recommend.....

A Single Voice: The Unexpected Life Is No Less a Life
A friend of mine told me I should read Sister Oaks book. I didn't know much about Sister Oaks until last year when she spoke at a CES Fireside with her husband, Elder Oaks. She is fantastic. She has a way of speaking that makes you feel like you are sitting around a kitchen table eating lunch with her. You want to be her best friend. I seriously love her! Having just finished a book I decided this would make a great next read. It has not disappointed. Most of it is geared toward single sisters, whether never married, divorced, widowed, etc. Sister Oaks talks about how she didn't marry until she was older and how sometimes it can be a hard process. More than anything I just love the way in which the book provides a strength, not because I'm single, but because I'm a daughter of God. There are so many things that I am trying to do right now and this book is providing me with a helpful road map. Read it! I think every woman should read it, single or not. It really is inspirational.

I loved this paragraph so much today that I took a picture of it so that I could have it on my phone and reread during those moments of frustration. It's a wonderful pick me up. "...so I came to depend on the Lord as my best friend..."
I'm not done yet, but if you need to borrow it let me know!

1 comment:

  1. I read this a few years ago. It is so good! I'm going to read it again. Thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete