Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Much needed Happy

This weekend I just needed to escape a little bit and be happy! Lucky for me I got a couple opportunities to do just that.

I recently sent Claudia a Facebook message that said, "I miss you and Asher and Dave's cooking!" Well she got the hint and decided to have Amanda and I over to see their new adorable house, dinner, and BYU football. It was the perfect night. There house is in Woodland Hills. I might just have to move there. Such a beautiful place right up against the mountains. Dave cooked AMAZING food as always and we ate while talking in the backyard. We watched the BYU vs Utah game. When I say watched I mean the guys watched while the girls talked about Grey's Anatomy, weddings, babies, etc. Dave told us during halftime that the second half would be much more exciting so we can't talk about Grey's! It was a perfect Saturday night! I hope to have a few more soon with them!
Isn't this beautiful!
 Asher loving his new backyard and showing off his tongue!

Sunday was a great day at church. We had some really great talks and lessons and it was one of those this is exactly what I was suppose to hear days. Well after home teachers left and a nap was had I was sitting around being bored so I decided to head up to Salt Lake. I figured I would take the ensign and my journal and just sit on the grass and enjoy. I ended up walking around Temple Square and the visitor center for over an hour. Then I realized they were showing the Joseph Smith movie and I thought I would watch it since it's been about 7 years since I have seen it. It is amazing. I sat there, covering my eyes as some points, realizing what a truly amazing and inspired man Joseph Smith was. I kept thinking about how I just don't know if I could have been that strong during those times. It was an excellent reminder of the things I should be doing and how I should be living my life.
 I love the Salt Lake Temple!
 It amazes me every time I see it.

It was nice to escape both on Saturday and Sunday this week. I was able to find two moments of much needed HAPPY during a very busy week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment