Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Silver Lake

Today we took a little field trip up Big Cottonwood Canyon to visit Silver Lake. It's my favorite day of the school year. We do a lot of nature related activities throughout the year so this is a great kick off. I also love it because I put the kids in groups and then the parents take them around the lake while I sit back and enjoy the mountains. 

The drive up was beautiful, even though it was on a bus. I couldn't believe how fake the sky and the mountains looked.
 My classroom for the day!
 The best part were the moose that hung around all afternoon!

 I was lucky enough to get pretty close to snap this picture. 
The moose really didn't seem to mind.
I really wish I could spend every day at Silver Lake. I think I would be a much better teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment