Thursday, August 27, 2015

Baby Girl

Long before we knew we were pregnant I think Mark and I both realized we would be having a girl. I'm not 100% sure how we came to that conclusion, but whenever we talked about our future baby it was always a sweet little girl. Once I became pregnant that feeling didn't change. It was interesting to sit in and have appointments about the gender of the baby because we already knew. There was no surprise. Our doctor at 16 weeks said he would try and check. He couldn't get a clear view because our baby is VERY modest. He said if he had to take a guess based on what he saw, it would be a girl.  At 18 weeks Mark's cousin was kind enough to have us come and take a look at her work.  Before we went we stopped by Target and found some girly things to take pictures with.  Once at the appointment we could tell pretty clearly we were having a girl. Once again, she is VERY modest. Little one loves to have her legs crossed and it is the cutest thing ever. I could have just watched her move around all night.  We were both happy to have a confirmation that it was in fact a girl and not just what we think. We do have another appointment next week to do the big gender reveal. It will be very shocking if we suddenly find out it's a boy. Ha Ha! 

 I love this picture because its just of her little crossed ankles!

After our appointment Mark and I went to get a little treat to celebrate.  We were sitting eating and I randomly said I'm a mommy. It hit me like never before. I had a baby girl in my belly. I was really going to be a mommy to that sweet little girl. I got a little teary eyed as Mark giggled over the fact that I was just now realizing this. It's a wonderful feeling to know that I'm going to have something I've wanted my whole life. I can't wait for this little one to get here so Mark and I can love her more and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment